We open doors to community
How we as a house build and create community
OUR MISSION is in guiding our residents toward their unique recovery lifestyle. Having a community of supportive women allows you to create your own skilled recovery practice. Our hope is that you find out that recovery is full of laughter and life. RELAXING THINGS to do and a new lifestyle to create while doing them.
OUR AREA is rich in natural beauty that heals the soul yet we're close enough to the culture of New Haven's or Old Lyme's musuems and Old Saybrook's shops or New London's waterfront restaurants. It's no wonder that there is every kind of amenity from free yoga classes on the beach to being wrapped up in blanket for a guided meditation and singing bowls. There are open mic nights and weekends in a coffee shop, singing bowls or a choir to join.
OUR HOUSE'S GENTLY STRUCTURED program is nearly entirely designed to support your community. We're a trauma-informed sober loving home that's 12-step based.
1) Morning/evening meeting and meditation
2) Participate in outpatient therapy or intensive outpatient programs
3) Independent/use our guidance to obtain work/volunteer position
4) Choose your 12-step sponsor/complete steps 1-5 in our workshop
5) Share dinner every evening and prepare dinner when it's your turn
6) Be randomly drug and alcohol screened
7) Find work or volunteer or attend school
8) Take a turn as Peer-Leader for fun activities and try our experiential offerings.
9) Stay sober!